We have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Assistant to join our busy offices based in Oxford Street on a temporary basis with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 09:00-17:00 & flexible to work weekends, at £8.91 - £10.00 p/h.
As the Retail Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To serve customers on the tills in a confident and friendly manner ensuring University cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To be in-store bakery trained ensuring products are cooked as per product guidelines, display all correct labels and best before dates.
- To follow Health and safety guidelines at all times, reporting any concerns or incidents to the Duty Manager / Health and Safety Representative.
- To complete all legal paperwork including stock books. Abiding by all University Health and Safety policies, COSHH and Food Safety to ensure a safe working environment for customers and colleagues
- To replenish and manage stock and price tickets.
- To follow approved procedures for receiving the product and restocking to ensure quality protection, accuracy, and product rotation.
- To ensure promotional activities are adhered to and sufficient stock is ordered to achieve maximum sales. 8. To ensure all out of date products are removed from sale and waste is correctly recorded.
- To maintain the cleanliness of equipment and storage areas.
- To ensure order deadlines are met with sufficient stock to last to the next delivery window to achieve full availability.
- To develop knowledge of products, including new lines and offers, and to share that knowledge with customers and other colleagues in a confident manner.
- To follow merchandising plans where necessary and follow the Store merchandising guidelines.
- To offer exemplary customer service.
- To provide advice and support to the team of Casual Retail Assistants ensuring that all colleagues are working in a productive manner.
To be successful for this Retail Assistant post you will need to have:
- Previous experience working in a similar role (1-year minimum)
- Can demonstrate experience of using till systems
- Evidence of merchandising experience within a Retail Environment.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.