Do you wish you had more of a voice in your current role? Fed up of people not listening to your ideas or even giving you the time to talk about them in the first place? Wish you had a little more ownership over your supplier portfolio?
How do you fancy a newly created job working for a boss that wants you to do just that, within a business that currently boasts 80% market share and is currently going through a major transformation journey?
How will you be rewarded?
- Base salary of between £30-40k depending on experience
- Flexible working - home based with travel to head office (east midlands based) for meetings as and when required (mileage paid)
- 25 days holiday + bank hols
- CIPS or other professional development support
What will you be doing?
You'll be strategically and operationally managing a potential spend of circa £10-12m across a supplier base of circa 600 covering a wide range of goods for resale. With around 55k products currently being offered by this business you'll need to be super organised and very analytical to ensure that your portfolio is being managed effectively, keeping costs low and availability high. In a highly competitive market price alone is rarely enough to set you apart as the market leader, which is why you'll need be looking for innovative ways to ensure you're offering added value and keeping service levels exceptionally high. This business currently uses 3rd party freight forwarders to manage their import/export activity, however with a plan to launch soon in Ireland it's seen as a perfect time to bring this in-house, so you'll be getting involved in managing that side of the supply chain too, ensuring all the required paperwork is present and correct. There will also be an opportunity to look at some of the in-direct side of the Company's spend as this is an area where a decent impact can be made by the right person.
What skills and experience will you have?
If you are going to be successful in this job then it's highly likely you'll be able to demonstrate most of the below:
- Proven experience as a buyer/senior buyer/category manager of goods for resale in a retail/after-market/distributor environment, managing a large portfolio of products and dealing with a large number of global suppliers
- A clear understanding of the principle of Total Cost of Acquisition rather than just price!
- Self motivated and able to work remotely
- Previous experience of dealing with/managing import/export aspect of purchasing & supply chain would be hugely beneficial but isn't essential
- Confident, outgoing personality and able to engage with people at all levels, both internally and externally
If this role sounds like a bit of you, apply with a copy of your CV, or your LinkedIn profile, or drop us a line to discuss in more detail. Every application is reviewed by a person and everyone will get a response, it’s the least you deserve.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.