We have an exciting opportunity for a SPAR Assistant Manager, who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and passionate about their store. Reporting directly to the Store Manager, you will support the Store Manager to lead and develop their team, control costs and leakage and provision of friendly, excellent service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
Assistant Store Manager Responsibilities
- Deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- Be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Generate ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- Assist in monitoring competitor activity
- Assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- Good standard of numeracy/literacy
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder), must have or be prepared to undertake this
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- NVQ Level 2 – 3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar)
- Previous junior supervisory experience in a food retail environment (or similar)
- An understanding of budgets and targets, and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment
- Some experience of team development and business development
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy
- Previous cash handling experience
- Experience in a customer facing role
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward-thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.
Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 Hours per Week
Salary: Very Competitive, with potential to earn Assistant Managers Bonus
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £5,200pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing Date: 24th June 2021
You may have experience of the following: Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Branch Manager, etc.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.