Our client is looking for a Retail Shop Manager to drive forward the quality service they continue to provide here in Ambleside.
Who are they looking for?
To fulfil this exciting role you will possess excellent Retail Management skills, which you will have gained within a retail environment, ideally within the outdoor industry.
You will also have the following qualities:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to challenge others to improve their performance
- Skills to train and delegate effectively
- Time Management Skills
- AND ideally, you will have a passion for outdoor travel adventure.
About the role
The ideal candidate will use their past experiences to engage the shop team in driving all aspects of the shop performance whilst maintaining their reputation for outstanding quality and customer service.
Main duties of the role consist of:
- Reaching and exceeding sales targets through assisting customers in the selection and purchase of merchandise.
- Organising and implementing store rotas and covering shifts and holidays thorough effective staff management.
- Helping, training and motivating sales staff on selling procedures to help achieve sales goals
- Achieving commercial success through organising the store merchandise standards and restocking merchandise.
- Nurture a thirst for high levels of product knowledge within an outdoor retailer and a passion for sharing that knowledge.
What’s in it for you?
Having been retailing in the UK for over 40 years in the outdoor industry, our client is able to offer an excellent pay and benefits package. Plus all of this:
- Structured training sales and management training
- Access to in-house e-learning modules
- Clothing allowance
- 50% discount on our clothing
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Life cover based on salary
- Weekly sales bonus scheme
- Access to child care vouchers
- Bikes through the government ride to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
How to apply
To apply for the role of Retail Shop Manager, please click on the Apply button and follow the short application procedure.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.