Merchandising Assistant | Retail Head Office Career | Nottingham | Retail | c£20,000
If you are looking for a career in retail merchandising then this Merchandising Assistant role is a brilliant route into a commercial retail role with a growing multichannel retailer.
As a Merchandising Assistant you will be a team player, well organised and career orientated. You will enjoy learning and taking on more responsibility as the role grows. Your combined passion for retail, product, the customer and achieving results will be evident.
Working as a part of a hardworking and friendly team you will assist in a number of areas to ensure smooth operations of daily functions. This is a highly varied role and involves the following:
- Support the Merchandising Manager and Buyer in selecting a competitive range of products that meet sales and margin targets
- Take the lead on the space planning of stores ensuring the right ranges are in the right place, in the right volumes maximising sale potential and the customer's in-store experience.
- Manage the administrative elements of the critical path.
- Work collaboratively and proactively, building relationships with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to maximise efficiency.
- Prepare commercial and competitor information to help inform commercial decisions to deliver the category strategy.
The successful merchandising assistant will have;
- Good numerical and analytical ability.
- Graduate calibre or strong experince of working in retail.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent practical knowledge of popular IT packages.
- Must have good Excel skills and be able to use a variety of function such as V-Look Up, Pivot Tables, index Matching and Sorting & Filtering data.
- Well - organised and able to work to deadlines and to deal with multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Hours: Full time permanent position - 37.5 hours per week
If you have what is required then please apply today!
Zachary Daniels is a Niche, National & International Recruitment Consultancy.
Specialising in Buying, Merchandising & Ecommerce | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade, Leisure & Wholesale Operations | Senior Appointments & Exec | Sales | Supply Chain & Logistics
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.