Assistant Retail Store Manager
Location: Bath, Somerset, BA2 4AX
Salary: £19,500 - 20,000 per annum, DOE + plus Monthly Performance Sales Incentive Scheme
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Five days out of seven, including weekends on a rota basis
With 165 years heritage, the Orvis brand origins lie in and encompass distinctive country living and adventure. Taking inspiration from these roots, we offer quality apparel which is timeless and functional. Using cutting edge technology, style and comfort we present our customers with the best Fly-Fishing gear on the market. A companywide passion for Dog's, young or old, big or small we have a product for all.
Assistant Retail Store Manager - The Role:
We are seeking an Assistant Manager for our store on the historic Pulteney Bridge in Bath, Somerset. Bath is known for and named after its Roman built baths, making it one of the top 10 English cities visited by tourists.
The primary role is to support the Store Manager in the operational running of the stores and to have the ability to successfully cover managerial responsibilities in their absence. A proven ability to coach and encourage the team to exceed sales targets. Candidates will have previous supervisory experience working within a similar retail environment.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
• Supporting the team in building, developing and maintaining customer acquisition, ensuring repeat visits and customer loyalty by delivering exceptional customer service.
• Create and deliver a first-class shopping experience for our esteemed clientele by finding ways to delight and inspire our customers.
• Maintain impeccable visual merchandising standards throughout the store.
• Assisting customers with their retail purchases, including link selling and till procedures.
• Assisting with organisation and running of in-store marketing, social media, and events to drive brand recognition and sales.
• Provide management cover during store manager absence.
• Assist with coaching and motivating the store team to reach their highest potential.
• Support the manager to ensure the store has adequate staff cover, producing and maintaining schedules and time-sheets.
• Assist and support other Orvis retail stores when management cover is required, as part of ongoing development.
Assistant Retail Store Manager - Candidate Specification:
• Previous experience at Supervisor level or above is essential, including developing and leading a team in a commercial, sales-driven environment.
• Success in selling and merchandising women's apparel.
• A confident, highly motivated and consistently organised Manager with natural warmth in their approach to both customers and the team, and ability to have fun.
• A keen passion for the Orvis brand and enthusiasm for the products, with a willingness to learn more about each department including Fly fishing and Dogs.
• Ability to prioritise, delegate and multi-task whilst maintaining an outstanding level of customer service.
• Up to 60% staff discount
• Three times annual salary life assurance
• 33 days holiday
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Use of Orvis' fishing beats in Hampshire
Experience of the following, an advantage: Store supervisor, Retail Shop Manager, Concession manager, Clothing, Footwear, Outdoor clothing, Exploration apparel
Please apply with your CV along with a cover letter detailing why you would make the perfect candidate.
No Agencies please.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.