My client, a successful B2C business based in Liverpool is recruiting a Technical Writer to join their Product team. You must be an enthusiastic Technical Writer, with excellent copywriting experience, able to work with buyers and suppliers to develop informative, professional written manuals, assembly leaflets and product labels, for new and existing products. You may also be responsible for carrying out risk assessments on products and provide recommendations to buyers to keep potential risks as low as possible. Whilst creating relevant safety warning labels and content for all manuals.
If you have the relevant technical writing background then please get in touch!
- Testing new products with the buyer and Product control department becoming an expert in how they work
- Designing and writing instruction manuals for new products
- Reviewing existing high selling product instruction leaflets, improving content
- Carry out risk assessments of products and develop any necessary warning and product labels
- Collating translations of the instructions manuals to support business growth across Europe
- Ensure that the needs of the end user are understood and met
- Provide text, illustrations and any other writing information as required
- Adhere to the graphical identity of all documents, ensuring that there is a consistency of style and approach
Must have recent technical writing experience within a commercial role
Experience of working in a similar technical author role is essential
Able to demonstrate strong copywriting skills - essential
Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
Possess a technical mindset would be advantageous
Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator to be able to set or Edit PDF content (Preferred)
Must have excellent command of written English, with an eye for good grammar and spelling, as well as attention to detail in formatting etc
Being able to work efficiently to deadlines, both as a team and stand alone
Have a proactive approach, with forward thinking attitude and positive outlook
£Competitive Salary – Depending on experience
Hours 8.30am-5pm Monday - Friday (Flexible, office/home working)
20 days holiday + bank holidays
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.