Let's help build your future by finding a home for your talent!
Vistry Partnerships is a market leader in the high-growth partnerships housing sector. The business works closely with Governmental bodies, housing associations and local authorities across its 10 regional offices. We have established a hard-earned reputation for delivery, quality and sector knowledge across all housing tenures.
In a Nutshell:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Materials Scheduler/Buyer to join our team at Vistry Partnerships, Midlands and North Division, based at our Coleshill office. As our Materials Scheduler/Buyer you will be working across the Division to support the business unit buying teams and site teams to ensure specified materials are available on site to meet programmes and assist with the efficient running of the material purchasing function. This must be within full compliance of the Best Practice procedures and the Company's Health, Safety & Environmental Policies.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities -
- Assisting the Buyer/s and Site Managers to ensure materials are delivered to sites in line with site programmes and specification, and are purchased at competitive prices
- Chasing and producing site specific material schedules to support site teams
- Assisting in the collation of documentation and issuing of material tender enquires to support buying and site teams
- Assisting in the assessment and comparison of material quotations
- Determining the required materials and generating purchase orders as required
- Ensuring materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production and feedback on any issues/challenges
- Ensuring any material issues/challenges across the Division are fed back into business unit and divisional teams
- Coordinating with business units regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors.
- Preparing estimates and performance reports.
- Process site purchase orders for replacement materials and assist in production of monthly reports detailing expenditure.
- Working with Buyers to research new products.
- Carry out the invoice checking procedure and where necessary negotiate credits.
- Assist the commercial teams in the management of aged debt and rebate.
- Continually monitor material lead times, keeping build and site managers informed, instigate forward material allocation when necessary.
- Attending departmental meetings as required.
- Dealing with queries from site managers.
- Maintain open lines of communication with colleagues in other departments.
- HNC/ONC in Construction or equivalent qualifications
- A good understanding or building regulations and legal obligations
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Strong mathematical and IT ability
- Ability to assess and analyse information
- Good business sense
- Good understanding of budget management
- Negotiating and networking skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to work under pressure, and accept criticism of work
- Good team working skills
- Accurate with an eye for detail
- Behave in line with our values
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- HNC/ ONC or Degree in Construction
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Building, or working towards full membership, or,
- Working towards being a chartered member of the Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
- Understanding of changes to regulations and legislation
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Partnerships is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Let's tell you a bit more about us…
The Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds - we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.
We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us within Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.
- Procurement Scheduler
- Coleshill, Warwickshire
2 days ago Featured job
- Vistry Partnerships
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts