This job was found on www.jobsretail.co.uk
Job URL: https://www.jobsretail.co.uk/job/213674031/Merchandiser
A fantastic opportunity for an eager and ambitious Merchandiser.
Based in Manchester, the successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring smooth running production and critical path for the in-house fashion accessories brands.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for managing the critical path in order to ensure production runs to schedule and all delivery/intake dates are achieved.
* Managing the approval process; ensuring samples match design, quality, fit and packaging requirements.
* Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, agents and customers.
* Checking and validating purchase orders for cost prices, dates and quantities and highlighting any discrepancies or changes.
* Raising all purchase orders and ensuring all orders are placed correctly with factories/ suppliers.
* Reviewing pre-shipment inspection reports regarding any issues of concern.
* Working with both high-street and online retailers ensuring product ranges are manufactured on time and to budget.
* Managing all product compliance and regulations required by the customers
* Booking orders on to customer portals in time with warehouse procedure and delivery intake dates.
* Attending meetings with key account customers to discuss future collections and review on previous seasons.
* Liaising with the accounts department regarding invoices and movement reports.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications of an Import Merchandiser:
* 3 years’ experience in merchandising, ideally on supplier side.
* Communication skills, an individual that is confident speaking with suppliers and key account customers on a daily basis. Experience working with the far east is beneficial.
* A highly organized individual that is able to maintain the upkeep of the critical path and highlight and suspected causes for delay.
* Analytical skills, confident analysing reports and feeding back information to head of department.
* Strong computer literacy needed especially on excel.
* Time management, this is essential, individual must be able to manage workload accordingly, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
* Team player – willing to support in other areas of the business when needed.
If you enjoy working in a fastpaced busy environment where no two days are the same, please feel free to make an application!