A fantastic opportunity for an eager and ambitious Merchandiser.
Based in Manchester, the successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring smooth running production and critical path for the in-house fashion accessories brands.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the critical path in order to ensure production runs to schedule and all delivery/intake dates are achieved.
- Managing the approval process; ensuring samples match design, quality, fit and packaging requirements.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, agents and customers.
- Checking and validating purchase orders for cost prices, dates and quantities and highlighting any discrepancies or changes.
- Raising all purchase orders and ensuring all orders are placed correctly with factories/ suppliers.
- Reviewing pre-shipment inspection reports regarding any issues of concern.
- Working with both high-street and online retailers ensuring product ranges are manufactured on time and to budget.
- Managing all product compliance and regulations required by the customers
- Booking orders on to customer portals in time with warehouse procedure and delivery intake dates.
- Attending meetings with key account customers to discuss future collections and review on previous seasons.
- Liaising with the accounts department regarding invoices and movement reports.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications of an Import Merchandiser:
- 3 years’ experience in merchandising, ideally on supplier side.
- Communication skills, an individual that is confident speaking with suppliers and key account customers on a daily basis. Experience working with the far east is beneficial.
- A highly organized individual that is able to maintain the upkeep of the critical path and highlight and suspected causes for delay.
- Analytical skills, confident analysing reports and feeding back information to head of department.
- Strong computer literacy needed especially on excel.
- Time management, this is essential, individual must be able to manage workload accordingly, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Team player – willing to support in other areas of the business when needed.
If you enjoy working in a fastpaced busy environment where no two days are the same, please feel free to make an application!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.