The Stamford Store Manager is a pivotal role within a rapidly growing, phenomenally successful brand. The successful candidate will take overall responsible for the smooth running of the shop and ensuring commercial success of the retail outlet. The Stamford Store Manager is also one of the primary contact points for customers visiting the shop as well as leading and managing the shop's retail team. With this in mind, this position is required to project the company's image of being highly professional, efficient, well-informed and yet personable, with strong leadership skills.
Hours of work: Tuesday - Saturday 10.00 to 17.00, including Sundays in busy periods. Additional hours outside these stated hours as required to meet the needs of the business.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Welcoming and serving customers to the shop on arrival in a courteous and professional manner
ensuring their product enquiries and needs are met, providing product and information as required right through to completing the purchase.
- Ensuring the shop is presentable at all times, this will include cleaning, hoovering, polishing and rearranging/replacing product as necessary.
- Ensuring the stock room is kept clean, free of obstructions and in a tidy manner to ensure stock can be accessed and found easily, in line with the company's health and safety policy.
- Ensuring all stock/product is looked after, repackaged and protected in the original box/packaging.
- Managing customer enquiries, by email, telephone or in person.
- Dealing with any customer issues, complaints or problems as soon as possible and where appropriate, notifying to the relevant department at Head Office.
- Responsible for cashing up, till reconciliation and banking on a daily basis.
- Managing the retail team to ensure the shop staffing runs smoothly and commercial activity is maximised, whilst ensuring the staff needs and welfare are addressed accordingly.
- Ensuring company Health & Safety standards are met at all times ensuring the shop remains safe for customers and staff at all times and that safety is never compromised.
- Solid customer-facing experience
- Sound experience of sales in luxury goods business
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills - interpersonal, written and presentation
- Excellent product knowledge
- Good commercial and numerical skills
- IT skills - Microsoft Office, including reasonable Excel skills
- Excellent accuracy and organisation skills
- Initiative and strong follow through
- Ability to deal with people from all backgrounds confidently and with respect
- Ability to work well within a fast-moving environment
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.