General Manager/Artisan Butcher
Our client has years of experience running extremely successful traditional butchers shops. They are looking for an experienced traditional artisan butcher/general manager to run one of their stores.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to make their mark as a general manager and really make a difference. Someone who can demonstrate success in managing and improving a shop.
You will have a number of years’ experience as an artisan butcher who is used to managing and leading from the front. The shop also delivers a hot food service with mouth watering hot sandwiches, made and prepared on site, so experience in this area would be desirable but not essential. You will have excellent customer service, people management skills and the ability to upsell products. You will have a good knowledge and understanding of the different meat cuts.
This shop is in a prime location.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Buying & selection of product
- Setting Gross Margins, ensuring good profit margins, controlling costs.
- People Management, including staffing rotas
- Staff Appraisals
- Promotions in store
- H & S & H & H of the shop
- Presentation of the products
- Maintaining the upkeep of the shop
- Staff Training
- Motivation of the team
- Cashing up and balancing of the tills on a daily basis
- Open and shutting of the shop
- Lead from the front and be extremely hands on
- Preparation of the meat grades for consumer use
- Delivering excellent customer services to clients
- Cuts from full carcass, deboning, trimming, grinding or tenderizing cuts of meat.
- Packaging, weighting and labelling the goods
- Giving advice to customers on the various cuts of meat
- Up selling products
For more information please send your CV to:
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.