At 350+ stores at Mountain Warehouse, everything we do is focused on delivering the three bests: the best gear, the best service and the best prices. You can learn more about us and our fantastic own-brand products, as well as our newly launched brands, such as Animal, from our website. Whilst you are there, check out our “Inside the Outdoors” section, where you can explore the outdoors, find expert advice on how to choose your ski pants or top tips for dog owners, and learn about some of our charity ventures.
We have stores with more than 2700 employees, with international locations in Europe across Poland, Germany and Austria, across the pond in Canada and the USA, and our latest adventure is in New Zealand!
Did you know we had a sister brand? We opened Neon Sheep in 2017 and now have over 24 bleating marvellous stores.
Our Assistant Managers fully support their Store Managers with store operations, and in leading, motivating and developing the team to ensure consistent delivery on standards, customer service and product knowledge, maximising the store’s sales potential and profitability. The ability to deliver company standards to the highest level across all areas of a fast-paced retail environment, multi-tasking along the way is key.
We love seeing people grow; a number of our team have started their journey with us, progressing to bigger opportunities. We are passionate about developing our store teams, recently launching some great online learning tools to help develop their knowledge further.
As a person you should be hands-on and enthusiastic, with a passion for retail and people. You are hands-on, enthusiastic and have a passion for retail and people, with experience of people management and visual merchandising. You understand the importance of what each sale can contribute to your store’s success and how the strength of your team can affect results. Hopefully, you have a passion for the outdoors too!
You will need to have:
- Retail management experience
- Excellent people skills with a proven track record of leading, developing and motivating a team
- Strong organisational skills; time management is a must
- A passion for selling and customer engagement
- A record of commercial success and awareness
- Recognition of the importance of strong visual merchandising
- Awareness of the local, and competitor market
- Clothing experience - desirable but not essential
- Generous Employee Discount across 2 brands
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Auto-enrolment Pension scheme
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Tax-free childcare vouchers
- Development and progression within a fast-paced and stable environment
If you embrace hard work and strive to achieve, then come on our journey, and join us - inside the outdoors!
We look forward to receiving your application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.