A fantastic opportunity for someone who has a passion for Homeware and Textiles to support the Import Purchasing team, we are looking for an individual experienced in Import Merchandising and Buying to support our Import Purchasing team.
What we are looking for:
As an experienced Buyer or Merchandiser, you will need to be well organised with good administration skills, experience in excel, a keen eye for detail, the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy under pressure and not be phased by a constantly changing variety of tasks. The role is based Monday to Friday in the Wilmslow head office.
- PO management – placing orders onto Sage, updating when required, updating files with PO info, closing off once any shortages have been dealt with.
- Critical path management – updating production progress on master critical path and shipment dates daily and as information becomes available.
- Highlighting any impact to critical dates, arranging the weekly Critical Path meeting.
- Nam/Merchandisers order book weekly update – updating & highlighting any delays with reasons/appropriate comments.
- Requesting LCs with Accounts & emailing over to supplier.
- Managing shipping bookings with freight forwarder – highlighting any issues arising from this.
- Processing shipping documents – receiving goods onto high seas, and forwarding documents onto freight forwarder, goods in and/or merchandiser and finance team.
- Chasing ex-mill dates for fabrics hangers, red seals and test reports.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong IT skills, especially in Excel including pivots and vlookups.
- Excellent organisation skills - you’ll be organized in your approach which will enable you to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
- Experience in Sage 200 desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines to meet customer requirements.
- Flexible approach to work as a team player with ability to co-ordinate between functions and to undertake any relevant task efficiently, on own initiative.
- Good work ethic is essential, as is reliability and commitment to the company.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Early finish Friday.
- Employee discounts
- Free parking
If you enjoy working in a fastpaced busy environment where no two days are the same, please feel free to make an application!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.