V11087 Bid Manager
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently recruiting for a Bid Manager to join our Rail Sales and Marketing team in London.
Who is Telent?
Telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail and highways sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Highways England and Transport for London
The UK's Rail network is becoming more reliant on innovative digital technologies to keep services running smoothly, especially as technology develops at a rapid rate. Today Telent is maintaining operationally critical telecommunications systems that keep stations open and trains running.
This is a temporary role to support the delivery of a large, high-profile bid in the rail operational telecoms area. An exciting opportunity to contribute to a project that will shape the future of UK rail infrastructure and will look great on any CV. Telent is bidding this opportunity with a partner and your role will be to work closely with our partner's bid manager to ensure we develop a winning response.
Pre-ITT, your role will be to coordinate and manage a number of workstreams and pre-bid activities with the aim of putting us in the best position to secure a win. Once the ITT arrives, you will work closely with Subject Matter Experts, bid writers and technical and commercial leads within Telent and our partner to develop compelling written and financial responses. Your overall objective is to deliver this strategic bid efficiently, producing a timely, high quality and ultimately successful response in keeping with Telent's bid procedures. You will be reporting to the Head of Bidding - Transport. We are a close-knit team of 6 bid managers and 3 writers, who will be working on other transport bids but will be available to provide guidance and direction.
- Maintaining an up to date pre-ITT workstream programme
- Developing and managing the bid plan
- Scheduling meetings, workshops and project updates
- Regular communications to keep the team and the senior leadership team informed of progress.
- APMP or equivalent qualification (or demonstrable evidence of working towards this).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- ITT Quality response writing skills.
- ITT Cost response financial skills.
- Extensive experience of managing and leading a bid team (often virtual), driving efficiencies, reviews and continual improvement.
- Experience of leading and producing winning Bids and Proposals to the Public Sector in an engineering environment.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Financially astute with ability to create & interpret financial reports and models.
- Broad understanding of Traffic, Rail, Telecommunications and IT products, technologies and services, including the operational, commercial and financial aspects.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
You'll be treated as an individual. We're not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you'll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one - be quick and apply now!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.