Facilities Manager – Health and Safety lead
Vision for Education are part of the UK’s fastest growing Education recruitment company. We specialise in temporary and permanent placements for teachers and support staff across England within 14 locations. Due to further expansion, we are now seeking a Facilities Manager to manage our branch properties, oversee our health and safety and generally look after the physical things around us that help us do what we do.
You will work closely with our whole team, so you will feel well supported, but you will be the only property and health and safety professional in the company, so we need you to know your stuff, find out what you don't know, and take responsibility for your areas of responsibility. In return, we offer training and development opportunities, flexibility to develop your role in a way that is mutually beneficial, and a fantastic team environment.
This is a varied role so the ideal person will have a range of skills and experience. The main focus of your role will be to manage our branch properties the premises are Health and Safety compliant and in good working order and sufficiently resourced.
You will also oversee the sourcing of new properties and manage procurement communication, working very closely with the Senior Management team to ensure that high standards are maintained throughout.
The ideal candidate for this position will be hands on, with a strong Health and Safety or property background and be very pro-active in ensuring that all deadlines are achieved. You will have attention to detail and be accurate and efficient with strong problem solving and time management skills.
This is initially a part time, permanent opportunity with an ASAP start. You will be based at our Head Office in Sheffield although due to Covid measures there may be some requirement to work from home for the short term.
If this role matches your skills and experience and you are an organised self-starter then please submit your CV or get in touch with Karen Moss - Group HR Manager to discuss further.
- Be the main point of contact for all branch locations, liaising and collaborating with property owners and relevant organisations; SMT and regional colleagues to ensure effective and efficient service delivery
- To ensure facilities are fit for purpose and ensure HSE compliance
- Identify and manage requirements for accommodation, waste, stores, grounds maintenance, janitorial services and cleaning
- Assist with the management of contractors
- Facilitate Fire lead responsibilities, ensuring buildings are compliant and records are up to date
- Complete all relevant documentation utilising both IT and paper-based systems
- Updating the SMT on upcoming work and projects
The Facilities Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record in managing Facilities Management services (property sourcing, contract negotiation, procurement, cleaning, janitorial, building maintenance, waste management) – (Essential)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety to a minimum of IOSH level (essential) (NEBOSH desirable)
- Experience of budget management
- Knowledge and understanding of building statutory compliance and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Experience of service delivery to tight deadlines and to appropriate quality standards
The Facilities Manager will have the following attributes:
- Good administration skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Hard working
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communicator
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.