Salary: up to £30k DOE
As our business continues to grow at a significant pace and are looking for talented, enthusiastic and driven people to join their procurement team. Committed to transforming the way procurement works, the Junior Buyer / Category Specialist will have a pathway to develop your career.
Our client is looking for talented people with an interest in procurement and supply chain who will help generate significant value for the business by reducing the total cost of bought in goods and services and help manage supplier relationships to increase the overall value derived from the supply chain.
You will be involved in:
- Capturing and analysing data on the existing supply chain, the commercial markets and potential new entrants to the market.
- Based on the data analysis, create and maintain strategy plans.
- Identify and enact Supplier Development opportunities that add value to the client, Supplier and Team which drive out cost.
- Conduct basic supplier assessment to ensure the suppliers proposed to Acquisition and Contract Management are of sound standing both commercially and financially.
- Implement continual improvement tasks with suppliers to implement best practises, best value and lower costs.
- Support Strategic Supplier negotiations.
Collaborating with suppliers through direct engagement to clearly communicate customer requirements and understand supplier constraints compared with customer requirements, to contract for the best possible result from suppliers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ideally educated to degree level and / or relevant engineering / supply chain / lean culture experience.
- Willingness to obtain Procurement and Supply Chain skills and qualifications (CIPS).
- Procurement experience, ideally in an operational procurement environment (desirable).
- Must be self-motivated and willing to develop new skills.
- Must have a flexible approach to workload and the drive to go the extra mile for our customers.
- Ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders across the business and our supply chain.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
We operate flexible start and finish times, with remote working (expectation to be 50% in office post Covid), have onsite car parking and have dress down and early finish on Friday's each week.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.