We are currently working with an innovative, family-run SME who are actively seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their existing team in Ellon, Scotland. You will be required to travel to the West Midlands and Paddock Wood to visit both suppliers and their other premises. You will be responsible for the procurement of products, components and services. This is a new role and provides scope for the successful candidate to implement and drive a supply chain strategy focused on performance, quality and of course cost efficiency.
Key duties and responsibilities...
- Create and implement clear strategies for the purchase of product, component and services that are in line with their business objectives and goals.
- Working closely with sales to forecast and plan supply requirements.
- Achieve the best value for money, level of service and quality standards when dealing with vendors and suppliers.
- Make sure that vendors and suppliers meet required standards, such as ISO accreditation as well as meeting their ethical and value statements.
- Develop and maintain long-term, positive relationships with suppliers within the industry ensuring pace is maintained with market development and trend
- Undertake supplier and trade show visits, both in the UK and overseas
- Review contracts and supplier performance quarterly, reporting on variances from agreed KPI’s.
- Understand the wider market to ensure competitively sourced products are of high quality, supporting the brand positioning.
- Work closely with finance to meet expected KPI’s on payments and processes.
- Work closely with directors to provide accurate reporting.
- Identify opportunity for improvement in processes, supplier management and commercial terms to increase service and margin recovery.
- Manage SLA’s including supplier rebates or early settlement discounts.
- Support sales on customer OJEU tenders through knowledge of contracts.
- Carry out daily purchasing activities, including
Back to back ordering
Checking off order confirmations
Managing imports and customs clearance
Controlling new product codes and barcodes
Supplier order follow up and schedule updates
Purchasing office supplies as instructed
Receiving telephone calls and emails relating to purchasing
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
- Procurement experience in the UK furniture industry or public sector is desirable
- Proven and demonstrable negotiation skills
- Previous experience within a procurement role
- Experience of inventory, forecasting and supply chain management
- Proven supervisory or management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong planning, decision making, organisational skills and problem solving skills
- Experience with SAP Business One software a benefit
- Understanding of customer service and finance
- Accuracy and very good attention to detail
- CIPS Level 4 or above
40-50k Basic salary
Auto enrolment pension
24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Travel expenses paid
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.