Role: Procurement Planner
A-SAFE is a rapidly growing and dynamic environment where open mindedness, curiosity and drive are important. As market leader, A-SAFE is determined to hold its position and create many opportunities for continued growth and development. We have a true global presence including USA, Japan, Australia, Europe and UAE.
We are known for our innovation and ‘can-do’ attitude. A place where talent can thrive and develop as we grow.
We manufacture and supply our global blue-chip customers from our hi-tech operations facility in Elland. This is currently being expanded to create greater capacity for the growing demand in our products and our investment in leading edge technology and machinery.
The Procurement Planner will help to ensure our production team have the required materials ands supplies when they need them and reports directly to our Planning Manager.
- Achieve an overall weekly SO OT% of 98%+
- Maintain the flow of Subsidiary replenishment orders in-line with expectations
- 100% availability on all top 50 (A) BI components
- Update and issue a weekly and monthly supplier performance dashboard with issues and corrective actions
- Up to date supplier information/database
- Manage (in conjunction with the Purchasing team) the supplier escalation process to manage performance
- Manage inventory/working capital levels – KPI to be agreed
- Weekly meetings with the Procurement Planner to proactively spot and mitigate supply issues
- Monthly review and analysis procurement related masterdata
Key roles and objectives:
- Managing, validating and issuing Purchase orders utilising available systems
- Work with planning to ensure uninterrupted supply of RMs and bought in components
- Create and manage ICSO replenishment orders backed up by an effective communication package
- Manage inbound supplier OTIF and proactively manage issues
- Maintain and build new and existing supplier relationships with a focus on collaboration
- Ownership of reporting supplier performance/KPIs and lead face to face supplier meetings
- Support the Purchasing function on tender and new supply agreements
- Identify any potential cost saving opportunities
- Drive and implement strategies and processes focussed on lead-time reduction and service improvement
- Dynamically manage inbound POs to help hit critical sales order deliveries and communicate any potential issues
- Translating feedback from Planning/Warehouse into changes/corrections to masterdata
- In conjunction with the Warehouse and QA team help manage/resolve quality issues
- Maintaining and updating Procurement related masterdata
- Strong knowledge of MRP and other Materials Management techniques
- Knowledge of lean principals
- Knowledge & understanding of day to day planning/production activities & concepts manufacturing principles
We have a great track record of developing talent. Offering training, professional study support and career opportunities. Our benefits package includes up to 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, competitive salary, pension, flex start and finish, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by us from an agency will be treated as a gift and not eligible for any fee.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.