Rexel UK have a fantastic opportunity for a Pricing Analyst to join our finance department in and surrounding Birmingham. Working as part of the successful Rexel UK Pricing and Rebate Optimisation Team, this is an analytical role with administrative tasks and a potential to develop pricing processes. Your primary role will be to assemble, sort and decipher information into database queries or data fields for computer analysis.
As a pricing analyst you will be responsible for importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. Additional responsibilities may include creating presentations or detailed reports of data. As a pricing analyst you may be required to present findings individually to give the business a clear pricing direction based on findings.
This is a strategic role for the company customer pricing policy. We are looking for a "self-starter" in order to accomplish set goals with little supervision whilst a clear direction is given.
As a Pricing Analyst for Rexel, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Analyse customer revenue and set target aimed to enhance company margin
- Monitoring pricing activities on a regular basis
- Analyse incoming data, identify any areas of concern that may need to be reconciled and liaise with key contacts within the business to ensure data integrity
- Provide guidance and tools for all pricing/costing activities to internal customers (national sales team, business managers, category managers)
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues within the team and promote a team working environment
- Liaise directly with internal/external Customers, Suppliers and Operating Companies to resolve problems and queries
- Interpret requests for information to assess the validity of the request and advise on timescales for completion
- Ensure that archived records satisfy audit and statutory requirements.
As a Pricing Analyst for Rexel, you will need:
- Knowledge and level of proficiency in the use of IT software packages required:
Proficient in MS-Access, MS-Excel, Intermediate in MS-Word, PowerPoint
- Management and other skills needed:
Attention to detail, team player, flexibility/adaptability to a varied role, able to meet precise deadlines, good communication skills and customer-focused
To be a successful Pricing Analyst at Rexel, you must have:
- SQL query analyser, but not essential
- VBA knowledge, but not essential
- Proficiency in the use of any specialised equipment:
- Basic knowledge of ERP would be advantageous, but not essential
This role is a FULL TIME - PERMANENT POSITION and we offer a pension, life assurance and 25 days holiday.
Rexel is an equal opportunities employer.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.