Supply Chain Planner
Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative and effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies for five years in a row and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified vegan, cruelty-free, CarbonNeutral® and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world. We pride ourselves on the care and wellbeing of our staff and you will be joining a fast-paced, vibrant workplace with lots of opportunities to grow and develop your skills.
We are currently looking for a hands-on and meticulous Supply Chain Planner to assist our Procurement Team. The team objective is to ensure we have continuous adequate stock in our warehouses. The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in planning and inventory management as well as the ability to build key relationships with suppliers.
The Supply Chain Planners responsibilities will include (but not limited to)
- Requirements planning & inventory management
- Following forecasts to meet packaging requirements and sending POs when needed, considering the lead times in place. Managing packaging requirements with suppliers
- Prioritising component deliveries to ensure they are delivered in time to meet our production schedule and effectively communicating information to affected teams
- Running reports from Netsuit and maintaining/updating software and databases in Excel and/or Netsuite
- Executing all purchases from start to finish, including chasing suppliers and refund requests if goods are not in compliance
- Monitoring work in progress within production to ensure any component supply issues are addressed in time
- Attending production meetings and providing a concise summary of any component availability issues which could impact our ability to meet our production plan. Stock control of packaging
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Negotiating best prices (skills of persuasion required here!)
- Preparing cost analyses and reports to evaluate how cost-efficient levels of stock and prices are
- Liaising with the Supply Chain Planner and Supply Chain Manager to understand the production schedule. Assisting in planning production
- Stock control in Fourfront
- Working with the NPD Coordinator to organise ordering for launches
- Working with QA Team/Goods In to monitor rejects
- Analysing and obtaining best transport prices
- Arranging shipping and logistics
- Working closely with accounts, warehouse, production planning and stock control. Managing some projects assigned for the Supply Chain Manager
- Elaborating on weekly and monthly plans for the Wrapping Department. Managing orders and component stock from our subcontractors
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proactive attitude to drive improvements in costs and processes
- Experience in planning and inventory management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Strong numeracy skills
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level is compulsory (sumifs/pivot tables/VLOOKUP’s/HLOOKUP’S)
- In depth understanding of procurement/supply chain procedures
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. The office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
The position is available immediately.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.