This growing company that specialises in importing homewares and electrical products to the retail sector are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Technologist/Product Assessor
The overall purpose of the job is to ensure selected products comply with all relevant testing standards. To proactively work with merchandise and buying teams, to ensure critical path deadlines are met in relation to test reports, instruction manuals etc, and customer gold seal approvals. The role will involve: -
- Create and maintain technical files for relevant product categories to ensure safety of imported products.
- Technically assess products in relation to the general product safety regulations and the required industry standards.
- Keep track of the internal master trackers for orders placed and outstanding job required including pre-shipment inspections & Gold Seals.
- Ensure product specifications are up to date and have the required details.
- Correspond with major retails in relation to product selections and their requirements on technical specifications and complete documentation and/ portals in required time frames.
- Research and advise testing requirements on all products within given product categories.
- Liaise with external testing labs with regards to testing as required, to ensure products comply with current legislation. Submit products for due diligence testing.
- Liaise with Far East office/agents and factories on given product areas.
- Create instruction manuals and rating labels as required for products, ensuring any legal requirements are included.
- Check and sign of artwork in relation to product claims and legal requirements.
- Work alongside Technical Manager.
- To work with the Buyers to develop products and support with the Quality Assurance of those products in relation to industry regulations.
- Ensure factory details are known and logged for all products produced.
- Liaise with the Buying Teams and QA Director to ensure factories are audited.
- Support Customer services in relation to complaints and investigations in an efficient manner as received.
To apply you must have: -
- A good level of product knowledge across varied product categories such as Small domestic appliances, small refrigerants, air con units, dehumidifiers Electrical accessories, Portable Heating and Cooling, Christmas products, rockery, Cutlery, knives, cookware, bakeware, kitchen textiles, Kitchen accessories & BBQS
- Computer literate with keyboard skills. Knowledge of office, excel.
- Have knowledge of using word, InDesign, paint or illustrator in order to produce product Instruction Manuals.
- Willingness to work together in a team and help others.
- Positive and pro-active attitude to changing demands and priorities as required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to set own priorities.
- Adaptable, flexible, energetic and enthusiastic with an open-minded approach.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
What’s on offer: -
- 20 days holiday (plus 3 or 4 over Christmas)
- Free parking
- Staff discount on product (after probation period)
- Career progression
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.