Let's help build your future by finding a home for your talent!
Vistry Partnerships is a market leader in the high-growth partnerships housing sector. The business works closely with Governmental bodies, housing associations and local authorities across its 10 regional offices. We have established a hard-earned reputation for delivery, quality and sector knowledge across all housing tenures.
In a Nutshell:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join our team at Vistry Partnerships North West, at our Warrington office. As a Buyer you will be responsible for the procurement of materials and plant to the Company's exact requirements, ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates within the available budget allowance.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities -
- Ensure quality and performance of materials fall in line with acceptable standards.
- Consolidate purchases of materials to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Encourage and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with supplier and manufacturers.
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- To purchase where appropriate in accordance with Group purchase deals
- Identify and "take off" where necessary materials.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations.
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials.
- Advise Surveyors costs for budgetary purposes.
- In conjunction with the Site Manager, progress the delivery of supplies in order to comply with the site building programme.
- Resolve any discrepancies that may arise between orders, goods received and invoices. Also make decision on this account and authorise payments.
- Attend Site Meetings at key stages in order to review general progress on site and to decide on any future action necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure whilst maintaining commercial awareness.
- Establish, monitor, and ensure payment of negotiated rebate agreements as allocated.
- Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible specification changes which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements.
- Liaise with other departments and disciplines to establish or improve supplier and inter-department relations
- A proven background in a purchasing role
- Experience of working on extra care developments.
- Ability to build productive stakeholder relationships
- Ability to communicate well with individuals at all levels
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality work on time, within budget
- Commercially astute with a proven ability to manage costs
- Able to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Thorough, with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office packages, experience using bid writing software is desirable
- COINS user experience
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Partnerships is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Let's tell you a bit more about us…
The Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds - we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.
We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us within Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.
- Warrington, Cheshire
28/04/2021 Featured job
- Vistry Partnerships
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts