Your new role
As Strategic Procurement Lead you will manage supplier relationships through the procurement lifecycle, and lead on our cloud commercial governance which includes working with our IT functions to adopt best practice in managing the cost of our infrastructure cloud platforms. This shall include the development and documentation of a Cloud Commercial Governance framework in collaboration with stakeholders.
This role will lead on the negotiation, construction and ongoing management of highly complex, high value commercial deals for EMIS. It will support EMIS’ strategic growth plans and cost optimisation objectives, and will have specific accountability for planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closure of Group sourcing, outsourcing and vendor integration projects, in particularly for cloud services (including cloud hosting platforms).
You’ll work very closely with the Group Procurement Lead, Mark, and the wider Senior Leadership Team to ensure that project commitments are delivered on time and to budget.
Want to be part of something really exciting? We are transforming the way health and care is delivered. Working with our customers, we are leading the way in the delivery of patient centred, connected, digitally enabled health and care services.
Our customers and partners are using our solutions in all health and care settings, from GP surgeries and community care to high street pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, not for profit organisations and specialist services. We are committed to developing the next generation of healthcare technology that will truly make a difference.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of sourcing cloud technology, Microsoft Azure experience is advantageous
- Experience collating and publishing RFx and managing the supplier response, including the negotiation of proposal structures and the financial impact assessment and modelling
- Experience developing and delivering agreed Procurement Category Strategies
- Experience utilising vendor scoring matrices, and producing and delivering executive briefing notes in respect of recommendations
- The ability to influence and persuade internal and external senior stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong negotiation, management and decision making skills
- The ability to promote Commercial Management initiatives to senior technical and non-technical colleagues and maintain excellent working relationships with group wide stakeholders and other 3rd party contacts
- Contract formation and management with demonstrable knowledge of commercial frameworks including SLA formation
- Basic accounting and tax knowledge, sufficient to evaluate financial merits of proposals
- Experience applying internal Project Management principles to the procurement lifecycle
- Strong awareness of the technology services industry and key sources of information in respect of industry trends and benchmarks
What we'll give you
We can offer you a great package which includes a car allowance, a performance related bonus, private healthcare and EMIS shares. In addition you can expect a really flexible working environment and the opportunity to achieve extraordinary things. We understand the value that a diverse team brings to our organisation. We respect and value our people for what they do and the impact they can have, and we create an environment that supports everyone to bring their best selves to work, every day. Our culture is inclusive and supportive. If you think you are right for us, we will make it work for you.
We want to get to know you!
Once shortlisted for the role, you will receive a video interview with 3 questions designed by Mark, Hiring Manager for the role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.