Brewster Partners are on the search for an experience Buyer to join our clients leading aerospace business in Sheffield.
Offering a fantastic salary and benefits package, this is a great opportunity for you to join and develop your skills and experience within aerospace.
Joining this fantastic company, you will be responsible for evaluating suppliers, negotiating contracts and working closely with quality to ensure the right suppliers are in place to deliver to business requirements.
You will take accountability of all buying across the Sheffield site, applying best practice and methodology at all stages within the supply chain, reducing waste and working capital whilst maintaining service levels to the agreed standards.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Ensure Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP) actions are answered daily, data and parameters are updated and reviewed regularly in light of changing demand
- Raise PO numbers for all consumables and non-inventory requirements
- Progress overdue orders with suppliers on a daily basis
- Bi weekly issuing schedules to all material suppliers
- Evaluate feedback and taking actions as required
- Supply weekly project status reports to the Head of Supply Chain and Senior Managers
- Develop and maintain performance measures for cost savings
- Stock take and inventory counts
- Qualified to Level 4 CIPS or relevant experience
- Experience of working in aerospace/automotive industry is advantageous - manufacturing or a similar industry essential
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing technology and tools
- Confident communicator who can build rapport with others, working well in a team and across all departments in the business from Shop Floor to Senior Management
- Presentation skills
- Microsoft Office - in particular, Excel and PowerPoint
- Salary £27-30k
- Company bonus scheme
- Mon - Thursday 8-4pm, 1pm finish on a Friday (37 hours)
- 185 hours holiday plus bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Life Insurance and 5% Pension Employee/Employer Contributions
- Free onsite parking
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.