The Procurement specialist will join the business on a 6 month basis to support the team as they undertake numerous major projects across the UK and Europe.
Our Client is an exciting and vibrant growing business within the hospitality sector whose core values and mission statement are at the forefront of the brand. The company has ambitious goals and this is an exciting period as they continue to develop their footprint in European locations.
The Procurement Specialist should be able to offer alternative Sourcing solutions to business requirements, considering Total Cost of Ownership rather than short term acquisition cost. Service and reliability are critical from strategic, leverage and bottleneck suppliers, allowing the business to move at speed in new EU markets, while providing the quality and efficiency expected of companies high operating standards.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Support the purchasing team and the strategy to deliver key objectives
Support the redesign of purchasing PTP process and supplier policies so the new projects are aligned under the guidance of the Purchasing Manager and working closely with Finance
Support the review and negotiating of medium to high value contracts under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager
Support the creation of Purchasing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to document the Purchasing process across the business
Support with key supplier contract implementation and management across strategic spend areas
Support the development of a fit for purpose purchase to pay (PTP) process under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager
Support the establishment of a repeatable and scalable European purchasing approach across new projects with the right balance of in sourced and outsourced resource
Identify opportunities to deliver total value savings (avoidance, absolute saving) across the purchasing teams and support the creation of a value conscious organisation culture.
The successful Candidate will possess;
- Previous experience in purchasing, working ideally at a spend owner level and with a high level of complexity
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and good internal negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills that can be used to present multiple of Purchasing scenarios with appropriate risk mitigation options
- Good negotiation skills with proven records of execution
- Organisation/ time management - reviewing multiple opportunities and prioritisation based on impact and risk
- Proven track record of driving and implementing change and passion and curiosity for improvement
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable track record in managing various Categories
30k-40k + package depending on experience
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.