Yard Manager - Jewson Builders' Merchants - Stechford
Jewson are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' (2016-2021)
Jewson, the UK's leading supplier of building materials and sustainable timber
Our Jewson Stechford team have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Yard Manager to manage our distribution colleagues on site, ensuring customer needs are met whilst maximising sales and margins for the business. You'll be coordinating a dedicated yard team including transport vehicles, As such, the ideal candidate will therefore have strong supervisory skills and prior logistics experience.
As a Yard Manager with Jewson, you will:
- Manage the distribution team to deliver excellent customer service to all Jewson customers, fulfilling orders accurately and efficiently.
- Monitoring of order picking for the branch, whilst optimising transport costs and effective vehicle scheduling.
- Take part in the stock management process to minimise stock losses and damage.
- Ensure the team consistently operate in a safe and appropriate manner, complying with all company EHS guidelines and procedures.
- Take pride in good housekeeping
- Controlling goods inwards
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you…
- Have product knowledge of or experience within a relevant merchanting industry.
- Have demonstrable people management experience in order to lead, coach and develop a dedicated team.
- Are proactive, flexible and have an enthusiastic attitude in everything you do.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- A forklift licence is essential in this role, however manual lifting is also required.
…we may just be the right fit for each other. Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- As an employee with Jewson, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
You can find details of our 'Applicant Data Privacy Notice' here: https://(url removed)/sites/(url removed)/files/2021-03/Saint Gobain Applicant UK Ireland Data Privacy Notice Mar 2021 VF.pdf
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.