This well-established retail organisation in Liverpool are recruiting for a part qualified Assistant Financial Accountant to join the team in an exciting period of expansion and change.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your responsibilities as an Assistant Financial Accountant will include:
- Responsible for delivering weekly financial data and reporting in line with the needs of the business
- Responsible for maintenance of the rolling forecast with assistance from the local branch
- Preparation of month end accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet reconciliations, VAT returns and inter-company reporting
- Support the commercial and finance team with financial reports, analyses and other requirements as they arise, including data management volume reporting
- Support the business in monthly payroll
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting and financial management requirements across the division
- Any other duties as may be required
Key Requirements include:
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet reporting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and organisational skills
- A good team player with the skills to manage, develop and implement new working practices and systems
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Keen eye for detail and provide accurate information
- Works effectively by tackling immediate demands decisively, whilst retaining a broad awareness of emerging requirements
- Demonstrates a good sense of priorities, structures workload effectively and delivers consistently good results
- Advanced IT skills (Excel (lookups, sumifs, pivot tables), Outlook, Word, Access)
This is an excellent opportunity for any part qualified Assistant Financial Accountant to join a business which will offer a great platform to develop and progress your career.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.