Assistant Buyer - Full Time - Leeds, United Kingdom
Join the aftermarket Procurement team at Sulzer Pumps in Leeds, as our Buyer to help us drive Purchasing to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Leading, developing and managing all purchasing related activity for assigned products and services within budget and project timescales
- Placement of order to delivery of product and development of the supplier and their performance
- Timely conversion of requisitions through to purchase order placement
- Expedite internal customers where specification feedback / client feedback is required to enable suppliers to progress with engineering / production activity
- Effectively communicate and escalate any risks to delivery dates and production schedule within the business
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- HNC in mechanical/electrical engineering is desirable
- Relevant experience within a Manufacturing environment, in a purchasing management role
- Experience of working in a fast-paced result driven organisation
- Excellent negotiating / cost analysis skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- The role may involve travel and applicants must be able to offer the commitment and flexibility to support this in line with business requirements
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site car parking
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Long service awards
Location: We are based in Leeds. One of Leeds’s biggest attractions is its location – Yorkshire! Leeds is a busy, exciting city filled with bars restaurants, it has great transportation network being close to the M62/M1 and local rail Links.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
82% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work – so come and join our story, starting today!
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.