Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Shift Manager for a market leading Food Manufacturing company. This role will come with varying degrees of seniority; to ensure the production team deliver good quality product that meets customer specifications in line with Technical operating standards and in compliance with quality procedures and company policies, whilst promoting continuous quality improvement at all times.
The successful candidate must come from a fast paced, chilled food background or environment.
- Overseeing and managing smooth and efficient factory production, with the output being good quality products made on time and to the correct yield, on time in full.
- Promote a culture of constant reviewing of all production processes to increase efficiency, productivity and quality while striving to lower cost.
- Encouraging a LEAN manufacturing and continuously improving culture.
- Ensuring the effective application of Company policies and processes and to work with the business to develop these further.
- Championing and adhering to our Health and Safety mandate.
- Communicating effectively with your team in order to allocate work, set deadlines and inform employees of issues.
- Create a team culture so that operational excellence is achieved at all times.
- Only candidates that can demonstrate hands on experience of managing a team will be considered for these roles.
- Ability to deliver PIPs as part of the role.
- Although qualifications' are not essential, individuals with certificates in HAACP, IOSH and Food Safety will be looked upon favourably.
- Due to the nature of this role there may be flexibility in working hours at times, but your core hours will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Proven experience and deep knowledge in production and shift management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organisational and leaderships skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.