Job Title: Shop Assistant
Location: Harrogate HG2 8NZ
Job Type: Full and Part Time hours available - Monday to Sunday
Fodder is the home of tasty, local food, based on the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate.
Fodder is an award winning farm shop and café in Harrogate with all the profits going to the charitable work of the Yorkshire Agricultural Society. Fodder is 12 years old and celebrates and sells the very best of Yorkshire food and drink, with sales in excess of £3m per annum.
We are exceptionally proud of our strong customer service and friendly atmosphere, where the focus is on delicious, fresh seasonal food. With an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team, it's the perfect place to indulge in a delicious meal and buy meat from our well stocked butchery, select cheese from our deli and everything else from our busy shop.
Purpose of the Role:
We're currently looking for a Shop Assistant who will be an energetic team member who, replenishes the shelves and fruit and vegetables, rotates stock, merchandises the products well, offers customers great service, packs customers products skilfully, use the till system and handles payments accurately, all whilst building rapport with the customer and handling any questions or complaints.
- To greet customers politely and offer the very best service to each and every customer
- Answering enquiries from customers about the products in the shop including ingredients and methods of food production
- Be fit and active as this is a physically demanding job
- Ensuring stock on the shelves is rotated according to date
- Deal with the deliveries to ensure these are checked off and dealt with straight away
- Deal with any queries or problems to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Pack customers purchases correctly and efficiently
- Deal with payments, operate the tills and credit card machine to ensure payments are correct
- Be interested in people and food and have an engaging personality
- Ensure that all aspects of environmental health, health and safety, food, fire and other legislation is adhered to
- Be happy to work in a culture where safety and food hygiene is a priority
- Ensure that all shop tasks and procedures are completed daily
- Any other appropriate duties which may be added
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Positive attitude, you need to be happy to help
- Need to be proactive and see what needs to be done and be an efficient multitasker.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively present shop products attractively and effectively and respond to questions from customers
- Good at following policies and procedures
- Passionate about food and service
- Good communication skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations in an effective and appropriate manner
- This is a physically demanding role, so a good level of fitness is required
- Competitive salary
- 3% employee and 6% employer contribution to pension scheme
- 34 days holiday (FT Staff) - inc bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary after 12 weeks of service
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Customer Service Assistant, Retail Sales Assistant, Customer Service, Face to Face, Retail Support will also be considered for this role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.