This is a fantastic opportunity for a Store Manager to join a specialist retailer who are leaders in their field, serving the rural community and retail customers.
As part of this well-established and successful organisation you will drive commercial and operational activity to deliver an exceptional customer experience, a strong sales performance and a collaborative, rewarding career experience for the store team.
You will be an experienced leader who can motivate a team to achieve clear commercial goals within a customer-focussed environment. You may already be an experienced Manager looking for a fresh challenge, or perhaps an Assistant Manager looking for the next step in your career.
This independent retailer has a strong presence in the agricultural community; so experience or an understanding of the needs and challenges of the rural community is of particular interest.
Duties will include:
- Driving commercial sales to achieve budgeted profit target; identifying commercial opportunities; communicating financial performance to the team and reporting figures to senior management.
- Ensuring the store operates to achieve high standards in presentation, stock control and health & safety; and that all events and promotions are launched accurately and on time.
- Recruiting, coaching and developing a motivated team.
- Working confidently and effectively to commercial targets, identifying improvements and reporting on budgets and costs as required.
- Ensure the diverse customer base receives a first class service and to build appropriate links with the local community.
Skills and experience required:
- You will be a strong leader with experience of planning, resourcing and motivating a team.
- You will have experience of managing a sizeable commercial operation, and be able to demonstrate skill in maximising retail sales and achieving profit targets.
- Organisational and planning skills are key but crucially you must be able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure with a pragmatic and results-led approach.
- You will have strong business acumen with great commercial awareness in the retail space.
- You will have experience of working with a diverse customer base -perhaps with retail and trade/business customers- and ideally with an interest in/empathy of agricultural life.
If you are a great leader and enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced commercial environment we would love to hear from you. As an independent retailer with ambitious growth plans this is a great opportunity for a Manager looking for progression.
For an informal chat please call Jo or Katie.
38 hours a week (within store opening times M-F 8-5, Saturdays 9-5 and Sundays 10-4)
22 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.