Job Purpose: To deliver a high quality IT support service to the business. A key part of this role will be managing Servicedesk incidents and requests in an efficient and customer focussed way, escalating issues accordingly.
Responsibilities include logging incidents, gathering as much information at the first point of contact to triage calls and where appropriate resolve the issue. Keeping tickets regularly updated and excellent communication and customer care skills are of vital importance in this role.
- To perform a customer facing role focused on delivering first class customer service
- To utilise troubleshooting techniques to gather information to support diagnosis of technical issues, triage incidents and queries
- Where possible, provide 1st Line resolution to customers
- To work within the Incident Management Process, Service Request, and Major Incident Process
- To escalate any calls that require additional support to resolve, or that may not achieve SLA.
- Escalating high call levels, recurring problems or other issues to line management so that appropriate action can be taken
- Utilise active listening techniques to understand and interpret customer requirements when logging calls, prioritising them against agreed SLAs
- Recording all activity and discussions in the ticket
- To liaise closely with other team members, passing calls through to keeping the customer updated
- Developing strong relationships with customers & Suppliers, to log and escalate calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
- Experience of supporting IT systems including an understanding of hardware, networks, operating systems and servers, software and applications
- Ability to manage, prioritise, coordinate calls effectively and work under pressure
- Experience in carrying out routine configuration/installation and of hardware and software
- Excellent self-management including timekeeping and attendance
- A strong eye for detail and reacts quickly to identify and resolve issues
- Effective in identifying and resolving issues by seeking relevant data and diagnosis of possible causes
- Strong work ethic with a sense of ownership and accountability - working outside of core hours as required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (written, oral & presentation) using business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Team player with the ability to operate well and thrive in a team culture
Living Our Values
I bring energy and enthusiasm to every working day (even the busiest ones)
I keep my promises to guests and colleagues – people can rely on me to do what I say I will
I take pride in delivering high quality work, crisp detailed plans and I always execute projects to a high standard
I take responsibility for my role within the team and ownership of my actions
I work closely with colleagues across the business to improve performance and share innovative new approaches
I’m energised and self-motivated and encourage those around me to be the same
I am demanding, determined and 100% committed to delivering
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.