Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence.
At present we are looking for a number of Buyers on initial 6 month contracts. The Buyer positions will be aligned to our client's Derby site with remote working options.
The Buyer will manage and execute the transactional purchasing process for products and / or services across the business, including the raising of Purchase orders and undertaking purchasing activities from the request for quotation (RFQ) stage of the purchasing lifecycle through to order fulfilment for non-critical product and / or services. The Buyer will provide excellent customer service and act a key interface role between suppliers and purchasing teams.
- Supplier Relationships - Where designated, responsible for the effective day to day purchase order processing with partners and suppliers.
- Sourcing - Responsible for the raising and progressing of purchase orders across designated commodities / categories. Work collaboratively, as part of a highly efficient service delivery team to ensure that all sourcing meets the needs of current and future manufacturing programmes. You will maximise transactional efficiency and quality by the appropriate use of ERP system and e-commerce tools.
- Processes and Procedures - Accountable for compliance to company policies, processes and procedures, ensuring all purchasing records and documentations are correct and maintained in line with regulatory requirements. Where designated, will support functional audit activities and will be responsible for identifying and recommending process improvements relating to the operation of transactional task(s).
- Customer Service - You will plan activities that are aligned to customer requirements and will provide visibility of progress against plan(s). You will take responsibility for the resolution of queries and manage issues through to completion. Build strong relationships with internal customer areas by being responsive and proactive in the management of customer requirements. Takes full responsibility for meeting customer Service Level Agreements.
Key Experiences and any Qualifications
- Ideally MCIPs qualified or equivalent.
- Purchasing process knowledge, ideally with experience of export requirements.
- Has a proven track record of delivering results as a Buyer within an engineering or manufacturing setting
- Agility to handle a number tasks simultaneously and to prioritise effectively.
- Capable of processing large packages of work at high levels of accuracy.
- Strong customer focus.
If you are interested in applying for these Buyer positions and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model. We are unable to accept applications from candidates wishing to operate under their own Limited Company.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.