It will be of great benefit for applicants to have Construction or Trade, Merchant experience.
The business wants a driven career-minded individual that will have excellent training and mentorship, while providing a dynamic knowledge-sharing environment that encourages commercial innovation.
Ideally with experience of buying or ordering materials and components within the construction industry, with a good knowledge of the building trade and inventory control. You will have good negotiation and influencing skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels.
As the workload and scope of delivery increases, the company continues to seek ways of utilising the supply chain to effectively supplement their own in-house skills and therefore require a person responsible for the effective management of suppliers. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this could be the opportunity for you.
You will be expected to:
· Work to develop the supplier database that delivers the best value to the business and its customers.
· Lead project procurement execution through the whole project lifecycle, calculating and optimising, the whole-life cost, financial and otherwise, of goods and services.
· Deliver the best combination of quality, price, and delivery to customers by working to add value in a socially responsible and ethical manner.
· Help co-ordinate and analyse tenders and help produce commercial bid summaries.
· Demonstrate proven ability to prepare negotiation strategies / techniques and lead negotiations.
· Monitor, measure and analyse suppliers and their performance to ensure continual improvement of quality and value of the goods and services delivered and take ownership of corrective action when necessary.
· Work with our operational business to identify new and manage existing suppliers.
· Maintain detailed information relating to vendors, market conditions, performance and risk.
· Embed sustainability as a core theme of the vendor relationships and agreements.
· Good awareness of contract law.
Skills / Qualifications:
· Significant procurement experience in a relevant industry.
· Have experience in tender procurement activities.
· Demonstrate commercial knowledge and possess a thorough understanding of procurement processes and its application within our construction environment.
· Strong co-ordination, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate and present data in a clear and concise manner to both internal & external stakeholders across senior levels.
· Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude.
.Contact for more information
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.