Demand and Supply Planning Systems Manager
Excellent Growth Prospects within this organisation
This is a new role being created within the Supply Chain function of this large telecoms/utilities business. It has a different magnitude of complexity than most due to the rapid demand placed upon the business.
Understanding demand and supply planning systems such as SAP, IBP and APO are essential. There are 2 functions within this team, 1 focussing on analytics, and this function focussing on planning tools and systems.
About this role
- The business requires someone with experience of having implemented or been part of the implementation of a new system, a key user of supply chain planning tools, helping the business transition.
- Need relevant knowledge and skills to start testing how the system can be more efficient. Demand planning, forecasting inventory planning, parameters and quality of master data, and optimise the existing planning system, whilst cleansing master data, capture the requirements and liaise with the wider technology group.
- You'll have to ensure that all of the systems, departments, and planning come together to ensure stock is being sourced to the right place at the right time and cost.
- As a Supply Chain Planning Systems Lead, you'll be passionate about continuous improvement. You look at a system or a process and want to know how to make it better; more efficient. "That's just the way we do things." It's never an answer you're willing to accept.
- You're willing to take the initiative, do some 'heavy thinking' and make decisions. And - because you're a people person with excellent communication skills - you'll be able to relate these ideas to other teams throughout the business in order to get everyone on board.
- Perhaps you have experience with ERP / SAP / IBP Systems, or have been in the heart of a supply chain; perhaps you've led business change in a similar environment, winning hearts and minds along the way.
- You're a big believer in communicating knowledge across a business to other key stakeholders, providing support and ensuring data integrity whilst "new ways of doing things" are implemented.
- Proven Supply Chain Planning Systems experience (at least two different systems, one being SAP IBP/APO).
- Programme Management experience in planning systems implementations.
- Expert in Supply Chain Planning Systems and MS Excel.
- Proficient in master data management and optimisation.
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and conflict management.
- High level of commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Will understand complex issues and able to distil learning and simplify complex scenarios.
- Stakeholder management & experience of programme delivery.
You'll work with supply chain managers to maintain, develop and optimise the demand, supply and inventory management systems, working closely with finance to ensure alignment of budgets and follow clear governance in planning systems and master data management.
You'll drive alignment and consensus between various functions within supply chain and procurement and will proactively provide solutions on avoiding major stock-outs and reducing stock value, working closely with key systems suppliers to ensure business requirements are met.
What your day to day will look like:
- Set planning systems parameters for all items applying appropriate segmentation such as Pareto, critical items, volume/value/variability matrix.
- Providing output on inventory plan and impact assessment.
- Expert user of the system functionality within the supply chain planning software solution.
- Support weekly meetings with the supply chain teams to review planning systems performance and agree actions required adhering to the governance and sign off processes in place, making any changes to systems parameters and master data as required.
- Monthly preparation of reports and analysis to underpin the Supply Chain Planning cycle.
- Control the product life cycle master data ensuring effective planning and visibility of the phase-in and phase-out of new/old products.
- Identifying opportunities and constraints in the supply chain planning systems and working with the business internally and external vendors to produce a technology improvement roadmap to continue supporting the evolving business needs.
Competitive base salary, bonus scheme and access to equity schemes plus an attractive pension offer.
Apply in confidence.
Keywords: #supplychainsystems #inventorymanagement #supplychainplanningcycle
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.