City Recruitment Group Executive are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to work for an established General Consumables Manufacturing & Distribution business on a permanent basis. This role is paying between £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience. Head offices are based in Birmingham (must be able to commute 1-2 days per week/dependant).
Your new Business Development Manager (Manufacturing sales) role
Your role will be exploring new business opportunities, and your ability to gather market intelligence will allow you to be a highly effective commercial individual in a dynamic market.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be identifying opportunities, and collaborating on delivering the strategy to maximise company performance.
You will be responsible for winning new business through various methods to generate new business and opportunities as well as negotiation with customers. The successful Business Development Manager will be responsible for keeping up to date with market conditions and opportunities, by networking effectively and using the data at your disposal. You will be collaborating with the organisations’ operational and transport teams to ensure their customers receive excellent customer service, every time.
As a Business Development Manager you will be communicating with customers all / any changes to service levels and ensure feedback is acknowledged and actioned. You will also be a part of any improvement plans for business development performance.
- You will map out when tenders are due, build a sales/accounts pipeline and manage
- Manage end to end range plans and build relationships with new buyers
- Focus needs to be on driving new business
What you'll need to succeed in this Business Development Manager role
- Be self-motivated
- A real hunter, who doesn’t take no for an answer
- Proven retail sales background
- Proven in launching new products within retailers (you would have full support from their in-house design team)
- Ability to manage the account once landed
- Sales/commercial acumen within manufacturing sales
- New business hungry with a proven track record
- Your demonstrable background as a Business Development Manager on major B2B contracts
- Manufacturing sales background (general merchandise)/industry is necessary
- Experience of selling into the big box retailers is necessary
- You are a proven communicator, who can both build new relationships
- You have fantastic experience of use and management of CRM systems.
- Field based so a full clean drivers license is required – x2 days in the office (more to begin with), then out on the field visiting customers
What you'll get in return
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in success and development of an established & reputable manufacturing business whose mission is to be ‘best in class’. This is an environment where you have accountability for your career and can make a real contribution to the success and growth of the organisation.
Please ‘Apply Now’ if you think you match the requirements for the above role or contact Sam Rumi at City Recruitment Group for more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.