BelkavitzSloan are working as a proud recruitment partner to a market leading stockholder and distributor of specialist metals and engineering plastics. The company are mill independent and as such enjoy favourable trading relationships and a diversified supply chain spanning continental Europe, the Far East, and the Americas. This company operate from 14 processing centres across the UK. Products supplied include; Copper Nickel, Nickel Alloys and Special Steels, servicing quality critical industry sectors such as; aerospace, power generation, automotive and fastener manufacturing.
Due to the recent retirement of a long standing member of staff, the company now require a Procurement Manager to join the team based in Birmingham.
- Develop, hone and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
- Evaluate and enhance our operations in local spending while researching and prospecting developments in global spending
- Delegate tasks and supervise the work of purchasing and procurement agents across all departments
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Coordinate deliveries
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
3+ years’ experience in procurement or purchasing
3+ years’ experience in procuring steel, metal and engineering plastics
Excellent managerial and training skills
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.