This is a fixed-term opportunity for up to 9-12 months.
The Materials Buyer based in Leeds, on the east side of the surrounding areas will have a proactive approach to delivering associated strategy development, supplier management, process control and day to day stakeholder management under collaborative programme delivery.
Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with vendor partners at all levels to ensure Procurement are a trusted adviser and an integral part of the business' decision-making process for third party spend.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for commodity purchasing
- Responsible for materials or services
- Proactive approach to delivering associated strategy development, supplier management, process control and day-to-day stakeholder management under collaborative programme delivery
- Business case development and product development, identifying non-production business and commercial enhancement and sub-contract
- Work closely with all operational teams, including production, quality, design and supply chain, to ensure continuity of supply
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with vendor partners at all levels to ensure Procurement are a trusted adviser and an integral part of the business' decision-making process for third-party spend
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement in construction-related materials
- A demonstrable knowledge of techniques to deliver continuous cost savings and supply chain excellence
- A demonstrable knowledge of the construction, engineering and manufacturing markets, including industry trends, emerging products & commercial models
- A good understanding of supply chain risk and mitigation strategies, including legal risk, commercial risk, corporate responsibility risk, fraud risk and business continuity risk
- Sufficient understanding of contract law to be able to review agreements
£40,000 + Car Allowance, Pension, Holiday, Flexi benefits
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.