Our client is an established and successful retail marketing agency, working with an array of well-known clients on a long-term basis. Currently they have a requirement for a Mid-weight Strategist / Planner to join their business, working across their leading FMCG clients.
They require an individual who is passionate about marketing strategy and planning with an understanding of shopper marketing. You must be a curious, independent thinker who is driven to find new ways of engaging with consumers.
The Strategist / Planner will work within the creative team and support multiple brands. You will apply category, brand and consumer insights in order to successfully develop a strong communication strategy and thought pieces.
The role entails working from briefings of the Account teams and providing strategic input into brand campaigns that will be supplied to Creatives to guide and inspire more insightful creative ideas. Working with planners from across the business, you will also produce omni-channel touch point CTA strategies.
You will have the ability to see the brand through the eyes of the consumer, understanding their wants and needs and identifying smart and innovative marketing opportunities through data analysis and primary and secondary research. The best candidate will understand qualitative and quantitative research, with the ability to know the difference between data and insights, executions and ideas, and an abiliy to turn knowledge into actionable recommendations.
· Understand business challenges; identify strategic marketing needs and opportunities and guide communications development
· Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from all available sources to provide strategic implications, audience insights, consumer personas, Points-of-View, etc.
· Develop inspirational and engaging Creative Briefs and Briefings
· Conduct ad hoc research; answer business questions; write thoughtful and supported Points-of-View on questions.
· Professional/client-ready, engaging deck-writing/storytelling and strong presentation skills
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or greater
· 2/3+ years’ experience in strategy or planning role in an agency, with direct/CLM/CRM and digital marketing experience a plus
· Familiarity or experience with social media a plus
· Experience with working on campaign planning in digital environments – both omin-channel and digitally native brands
· Ability to work independently and lead projects through to completion
· Ability to see the big picture but also develop detail-oriented strategically driven tactics
· A good storyteller with experience writing thought-provoking and inspiring creative briefs and POVs
· Ability to challenge status-quo thinking and champion innovative thinking to push the work forward, but also work collaboratively and effectively within a cross-functional team
· Solid familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research
· Resourceful and extensive experience mining secondary sources for insights
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong presentation skills
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.