Assistant Store Manager, £25,000 - £29,000 + benefits including 5.6 weeks’ holiday, discounts at Tout’s stores, pharmacy and Subways, on-going training and personal development, team events, bonus, pension etc. Based Langford, Somerset BS40 (near Churchill, 12 miles south of Bristol)
The Role: I am recruiting an Assistant Store Manager to work in the flagship store of Tout Ltd., a family run and award-winning chain of food retail stores with an excellent reputation for serving the community through the provision of local produce and exceptional customer experience.
The Person: The successful Assistant Store Manager will be a natural leader who is able to build, engage and lead a successful but ever improving, multi-skilled team. Dedicated to creating the warmest, friendliest and most enjoyable customer experience, they will be commercially focused, working to add value every day, achieve the best possible results and deliver exemplary retail standards. Leadership experience gained within a fast-moving retail environment is essential and while you don’t need to have worked with food, you do need a passion for it!
The Company: The Tout’s Group are a well-established, dynamic and ambitious family business who are passionate about food. They combine the best of high-end supermarkets and farm shops to offer an unsurpassed and unique convenience shopping experience, driven by passion for people and food. They work to deliver the best level of service and customer experience that people love and trust. Local is their most important asset, they are created and led by a local family, serve a local community, support local groups, sell local products and work with local suppliers.
Assistant Store Manager, Responsibilities include:
- Run a department and team from end to end, ensuring all people, operational and commercial elements are delivered to the highest standards at all times.
- Lead, support, develop and motivate your team, conducting monthly reviews and delivering training as required, ensuring all are working effectively towards team goals and KPIs.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience, working to ensure everyone leaves happier.
- Build a culture of commercial success, embracing targets and consistently looking for new ways to maximising profit and sales.
- Develop strong relationships with local suppliers, working collaboratively to grow profits.
- Take responsibility for department presentation standards, merchandising, stock availability, cleanliness and health and safety.
- Demonstrate excellent levels of attention to detail, completing reports and paperwork as required and ensuring effective processes are in place to control orders, stock and wastage.
- Maintain company vision and core values of Honesty, Happiness, Personal Development and Innovation.
Assistant Store Manager, Skills and Experience required:
- 2 years’ + experience within a fast moving retail environment
- Leadership experience, with a proven ability to support, develop, motivate and lead a team to be the best they can be.
- Commercially focused, confident and creative when planning for business growth and driven to achieve sales targets and maximise profitability.
- Customer service skills of the highest standards
- Excellent attention to detail and a good level of verbal and numerical reasoning
- Proactive, positive, innovative and caring
- Energetic with a good level of physical fitness (as this role is shop floor based)
- Passionate about food!
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
Dawn O’Shea is a Recruitment Partner, recruiting the Assistant Store Manager
directly on behalf of Tout Ltd so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If your CV is shortlisted, you will be contacted by telephone in the first instance to discuss your experience and the role in more detail.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.