An exciting opportunity has become available for high calibre Merchandiser to join a fantastic and growing National Retailer . The role will be to support the Merchandise Manager and Buying team ensuring that the product appears in the right stores, in the right quantities, optimising sales and profit through effective stock management. The company are growing so this is a great opportunity to be a key member of the team.
- In conjunction with the Buyer plan department strategy and budgets
- Detailed analysis of range and line level performance identifying opportunities for growth, maximising sales and profitability
- Use accurate sales forecast to construct buying plan at department and line level
- In conjunction with the Buyer review trade versus budget on an on-going basis, taking necessary action to remedy underperformance and maximise opportunities
- Use WSSI to accurately forecast sales, margin and intake
- Ensure stock plans are achieved, taking action to remedy potential overstock
- Identify OTB opportunities and work with buyer to maximise sales, ensuring new/repeat orders are placed within supplier lead times
- Monitor line level performance against plan, taking action on any underperformance to minimise terminal stock e.g. markdown/promotions/order cancellation
- Ownership of order book, manage all forward commitment to avoid over stock, cancelling orders when required
- Identifying and resolving production and supply difficulties
- Effective store distribution of products and stock.
- Review store performance adjusting stock allocations as required
- Construct, implement and review model stock for auto replenishment
- 100% stock availability on advertised lines
- Produce ad hoc reports and analysis as required by buying department and senior management
- Manage, train and develop junior members of merchandising team to deliver excellent performance
- Previous experience working within a Merchandising role
- Highly motivated with strong personal drive and ambition
- Effective people skills
- Analytical and commercially minded
- Strong IT skills and highly organised
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver results
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.