Job Title: Senior Commissioning Officer (12 Month Contract)
Salary: £210 - £280 Day Rate (Based on 7 Hours)
Location: (B7) Birmingham
Birmingham City Council are looking to recruit a Senior Commissioning Officer to join their Commissioning Team based within the Adult Social Care and Health division. It will be your responsibility to take a lead role in commissioning, contract management, policy and planning activity across Birmingham with responsibility for different agendas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage staff and resources to develop, implement and maintain an integrated approach to the collection and use of qualitative and quantitative intelligence, including business information and the views of citizens, for the Commissioning Team to improve quality of services and to inform commissioning priorities and intentions
- To make a key contribution to the analysis, interpretation and implementation and delivery of performance and governance strategies.
- To actively support the development and implementation to collect and analyse services and population areas that supports and informs strategic and operational commissioning – this will include the effective delivery of components of needs analyses, service reviews and Equality Analyses.
- To develop a commercial understanding of providers and markets and use this to inform commissioning activity.
- To prepare all statutory data returns required by Government, Freedom of Information requests and performance reports required by project governance structures and share with the appropriate Commissioning Manager.
Skills & Abilities
- Must have a significant level of experience working at this level with evidence of recent development and learning.
- Experience of undertaking the analysis and interpretation of complex data from a variety of sources.
- Experience of playing a lead role on activity in the commissioning cycle, for example commissioning intention development, service specification development, contract negotiation, service review.
- Demonstration of strategic awareness and supporting the development and implementation of strategies/service changes which deliver improved outcomes for stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and engage with all stakeholders effectively to shape service development and delivery, utilising appropriate tools and techniques
- Highly developed knowledge of data analysis, information gathering and research approaches and techniques
Please send your CV via the link and one of the team at HancoxRead Recruitment will be in touch.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.