This role requires a strong purchasing professional who enjoys a challenge. The successful candidate can expect to join a growing industrial manufacturer and really make a mark within the business.
Our client, based in Sheffield, have a strong reputation in their field. With a view to increasing turnover and profitability they now look to professionalise their procurement department with the recruitment of this position of Purchasing Manager.
This position of Purchasing Manager will hold the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving the delivery and ongoing development of the procurement department to support new business growth and profitability of existing projects.
- Compiling commodity group plans in line with planned and unplanned requirements
- Negotiation and management of key contracts
- Supporting, coaching and mentoring a team of buyers and administrators
- Supplier performance management
- Auditing of Suppliers / Vendors
- Continued CI activities towards supplier relationship management
- Delivery of savings on commodity groups
- Contribute to Supplier / Vendor framework agreements, rejections and warranty claims
- Develop internal relationships with departments including Operations, Engineering, Projects, Sales, Finance, Quality.
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Purchasing Manager will have:
- A solid understanding of negotiating / managing contracts within a Purchasing and Procurement position
- Exposure to working with and developing ERP systems
- Experience within a manufacturing environment; industrial products ideally
- The ability to work autonomously, and proactively seek out opportunities
- Excellent stakeholder management; influencing both internally and externally
- Demonstrable examples of continuous improvement within a Purchasing Manager position
- Strong team management experience.
£55,000 - £60,000
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.