Category Manager | DIY / Building Materials | Midlands | c£45,000-£50,000, Car & flex working
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a leading DIY/Trade Merchants as a Category Manager on a creative and design led category.
This position needs a functional expert to create and lead the UK category vision driving performance. You'll be a key part of the decision-making process, and therefore expected to bring your out of the box thinking to help shape and influence the direction of the category and business.
The role encompasses all aspects of Category Management including sourcing, ranging, pricing, strategy development, supplier management, promotional planning and ultimately delivering a product range that meets the customer needs.
- You will be a proven Category Manager, Buyer or Range Manager ideally with experience in DIY/Garden/Building Materials categories but other transferable sectors will be considered.
- Experience on trend led categories across builder's merchants/DIY/Home businesses
- Find solutions that enhance the customer journey
- You will be a problem solver, numerate and build relationships internally and externally through the use of effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Can demonstrate creation and implementation of category strategy, to include the delivery of category plans to ensure that financial targets are met and create promotional plans including volume forecasts.
On offer is a salary, car and fab benefits package, plus flexibility to get that work/life balance. We'd love to hear from you if you are interested and would like to apply for the role.
Zachary Daniels is a Niche, National & International Recruitment Consultancy.
Specialising in Buying, Merchandising & Ecommerce | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade, Leisure & Wholesale Operations | Senior Appointments & Exec | Sales | Supply Chain & Logistics
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.