Trade Counter Assistant
Ashton under Lyne
£Competitive + bonus
We have a great opportunity for a Trade Counter Assistant to join the friendly team of our client in Ashton who are part of a well-known, and also a well-established business with a nationwide network of branches. Plumbing and Heating experience would be an advantage, although enthusiasm and willingness to learn is of equal importance as training will be given. Your role as Trade Counter Assistant will contribute to the groups focus on providing market leading choice, quality, service and value. If you have excellent customer service skills and are looking for an opportunity to join a great team, who pride themselves on their award-winning training this could be an exciting role for you.
Key Responsibilities – Trade Counter Assistant:
- Serving customers (both trade and retail) at a busy plumbing and heating sales counter
- Making our customers feel welcome and valued
- Answering the telephone and dealing with queries
- Stock management (ordering and managing stock levels)
- Goods in (checking stock in and putting away)
- Picking orders for collection and delivery
- Housekeeping (making sure your areas of responsibility are clean and tidy at all times; strict adherence to Health & Safety policies and procedures)
- Closing and processing all sales accurately
- Any other duties deemed as reasonable within the scope of the job role
- The role will include working alternate Saturday mornings
Personal Specification – Trade Counter Assistant:
- Previous trade counter experience would be an advantage
- A thorough understanding of all Company products and services
- Successful sales record within the industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Well presented at all times
You may currently be working in a Builders merchants or Plumbers’ merchants as a Trade Counter Manager, Sales Assistant, Sale Executive, Internal Sales handling Trade Counter Sales with a vast knowledge of heating and plumbing and bathroom supplies.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.