We have an opportunity for a Trade Counter Sales Assistant to join our team in Leeds on a full time, permanent basis. The role involves providing excellent customer service within all branch departments focusing on sales growth and the development of customer relationships both face to face and via the telephone. We would welcome applications from people with either relevant experience or with the right attitude to learn and train in order to progress within the Group.
Myers Building Supplies has 14 branches throughout Yorkshire and is part of the family owned Myers Group. We are looking to recruit a motivated individual with a positive attitude to join our committed and experienced team supplying a whole range of building materials. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful family business with strong links to the local community.
Our Trade Counter Sales Assistant will receive a competitive hourly rate of pay plus fantastic benefits including;
- Excellent Holiday Allowance (including your Birthday Off) which increases with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Programs to help meet your career ambitions
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Applications for this role are invited from individuals who:
-Have previous experience of working within a trade environment
- Are enthusiastic with a desire to work in a busy sales environment
- Are customer focused
- Enjoy working as part of a team
To become our Trade Counter Sales Assistant you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be self-driven and genuine with a positive attitude.
- Must have a desire to interact with customers and sell the benefits of the company
- IT literate
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- The ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
- Willing to work in a number of departments to support the branch needs when required
- Previous customer service experience or knowledge of building products would be beneficial
If you feel you have all the skills and knowledge required to join our team as our Trade Counter Sales Assistant please click ‘Apply’ today.
Unfortunately, we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.