We are currently recruiting for an experienced Homeware Buyer to work for an established Retailer.
We are looking for candidates with a few years experience in the sector and have a passion for product and buying. They are looking for people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You should be value driven, believe in your ability to think big, make a change, and get excited about creating the best value products for their customers.
- Responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell both in store and on their online store platform, in order to maximise sales and profitability of the Company.
- To develop and implement a product range plan and product mix in accordance with the Company’s buying plan, to ensure that the business delivers the best quality products at affordable prices.
- Deliver innovation and improvement of products in order to ensure that the Company is achieving the best value and quality for members.
- Knowledge and understanding of the range with the ability to identify best sellers and core products.
- Competitor research and detailed trends reports and market analysis
- Raise and progress purchase orders
- Continually review brand performance and sell through rates, against the Buying Plan and monitoring market activity
- Ensure comparative shopping and relevant documentation is up to date, highlighting where there are any issues
- Manage and maintain complete sample range and documentation, including colour, fit and labelling approvals
- Deal with any enquiries from internal teams as well as external departments including suppliers
- Review trading position on an ongoing basis, taking any necessary action to ensure that partners/supplier products are meeting set targets.
- Continually maintain working relationships with existing suppliers as well as source new suppliers for future products.
- Negotiate trading terms with suppliers.
- Ensure that the product area is constantly sourcing up to date seasonal brands to make sure that the Company is always able to compete with other brands and competitors.
- Producing reports and forecasting sales levels.
- Presenting new ranges/suppliers to senior managers.
- Analyse customer buying patterns and predict future trends.
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of advertising briefs, photography for Visual team.
- Demonstrate effective communication to Manager and Merchandiser on all key issues
- Give and receive information on range to service departments e.g. advertising and ops
- May attend trade shows / fairs in the UK and abroad
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel and MS Office package.
- Previous experience in a similar is essential
- The ability to present and receive information, both oral and written, in a manner appropriate to the audience and to take action accordingly.
- Demonstrates an openness to new ways of thinking and proactively pursues improvements with a high level of drive and enthusiasm.
- The ability to take a holistic view of the business, understanding key business drivers both financial and otherwise.
- Plans, prioritises and monitors progress, using resources effectively to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage own performance in terms of conducting themselves in an organised and business fashion. Identifying own needs and developing personal skill set.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.