RECRUITMENTiQ is working in partnership with a leading global supplier of high-performance COTS reconfigurable computer platforms and support software. We've established a global customer base and a reputation for leading-edge design.
Due to continued growth at our site in Edinburgh, we are looking for an experienced Material Controller to join our team, on a full-time basis.
- Ordering parts, ensuring all orders are raised with purchase orders within the procurement system. Recording parts received, processing delivery notes, checking and verifying all items have been received, completing initial quality check on the day of arrival, and storage of all parts received in a timely manner and in correct locations.
- Database management, including stock transfers and maintaining traceability and quality records.
- Stock control, current and forecast.
- Component kit preparation for distribution to subcontractors.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in purchasing and stock management.
- At least 2 years of experience in materials management in a Contract Electronic Manufacturing environment or similar.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good levels of IT literacy including MS Office package.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general as well as technical documentation.
- Able to work effectively to deadlines and under pressure.
- Be a proactive and energetic individual with a dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Understand component identification codes such as resistors, capacitors and ICs.
- Knowledge of best practices for ISO9001 and ESD protective environments.
- Knowledge of Sage 200, but not essential as training will be provided.
- ONC-HNC or equivalent in Electronics or Mechatronics.
- The proven track record for optimising process performance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to gain diverse experience within a truly international company. The successful candidate will have the right attitude, will be results-driven, and more importantly able to make those key decisions.
If this sounds of interest and you would like to strengthen your skills then please apply now by sending a CV with a covering letter.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.