Our Client is a distributor of speciality ingredients to the UK Food and Nutrition industries.
They are now seeking a Product Manager – Food & Nutrition. This position will be home based and is a full-time permanent role.
- To be responsible to meet / exceed the profit for a product range against budgeted targets
- Purchase products from a selected and negotiated supplier portfolio
- Developing and implement sales and marketing plans for a specified portfolio of products
- Manage relations with suppliers (both existing and new)
- Manage the stock value of the product range against a budgeted target
- Develop and implement product strategy
- Provide market intelligence to colleagues on availability, price and market trends
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain appropriate purchases and distribution agreements
- Awareness of market conditions and trends including competitor activity and market relating to individual products
- Support sales activities
- Regular interaction with suppliers
- Customer visits with sales colleagues
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a food related business as a Product Manager
- Knowledge and experience (commercial and technical) in cocoa and chocolate is essential
- Commercially aware with previous experience in developing and maximising business within a profit driven environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships (both internally and externally)
- Good communicator
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Good organisation skills with ability to prioritise
In return, our Client is offering a competitive basic salary plus car and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.